“GLOBAL WOKE INSTITUTE” MANIFESTO & Mission Statement
WOKEFULNESS = ONENESS
“WOKE” DEFINED : Awakened, Enlightened, and Aware of the realities of our existence here on Earth, the main reality being the essential ONENESS of all living things, our interconnectedness , and the fact that every individual and every nation and culture is both unique and exceptional each in their own way, with not one being superior to another and all contributing to the advancement of humankind. The highest station that an individual or a nation can attain is that of “servant leader” to enable the fulfillment of this reality by assisting the fulfillment of every person’s and nation’s capacity to actualize and manifest their inherent and noble capacities. (Yes, we are using and reclaiming the popularized “Woke” concept, regardless of any connotations it may conjure, as it means, in our context, “awakening, wakefulness, and enlightenment” to this reality of ONENESS, , as well as to our own personal self-awareness and development as wholistic beings in relation to all living things.)
WHY A “GLOBAL WOKE INSTITUTE” IS NECESSARY?
This existing inexorably and irreparably corrupt, racist, classist, terroristic, materialistic, misogynistic, militaristic, empire-building system—which is the “old world order”–was founded to protect only the elite through any oppressive and violent means necessary. It has continued to do so with precision through its past and present entrenched, divisive, neo-conservative and neoliberal, empire-building, capitalist practices and policies. The extreme conditioning humans worldwide have received, including and especially Americans, from almost every institution in these systems causes us to hold the delusional belief that these practices and policies are somehow “normal”, or even “exceptional”, at best, and fixable, at worst, rendering most of us asleep to the possibility of building a new system of “beloved communities” based on equitable and just principles (see “guiding principles below). Hence, the need for new or renewed free and “woke”, universal and sovereign states of mind, body, and spirit,(individually and collectively), which will free us from this conditioning and lead us to the ultimate goal of ONENESS, which equals “Wokefulness” in our new vernacular. (We do not apologize for this deliberate bias, as everyone, especially Americans, growing up under the indoctrination of this systemically corrupt system, must be liberated and reprogrammed, to one extent or another, in order to achieve a “sovereign psyche” and a ONENESS re-orientation.) In the course of this Institute, you will determine the extent of this transformation for yourself, without pressure or judgement, as no one can or should do it for you– it must be “self-reprogramming” and education. (Also, in this context “sleep” or being “asleep” is not a bad thing, if it mimics physical sleep and is only one third or fourth of our days, as we need some degree of self-care, however too much sleep renders us self-absorbed and not open to the realities expressed above and around us, affecting other living beings). The empires of the “new world order” are the “empires of the free and independent minds” and “free states of self-determination”, united voluntarily in an equitable global system of world citizenship.
WHAT ARE THE GUIDING PRINCIPLES AND MISSION OF THE “GLOBAL WOKE INSTITUTE”?
- Oneness: Fact substantiated by both science and religion: There is only one race of humans—the human race— we are all connected in a “network of mutuality” (MLK), and an injustice to one is an injustice to all, both spiritually and practically, as no one person or nation can reach their full potential when the opportunity to do so is withheld from another. Racism, both structural and personal, is the antithesis of Oneness, and is therefore a danger and obstacle to all human development, and especially to the fulfillment of America’s destiny—to lead the world in unity and oneness as the world’s most diverse nation. This oneness also extends beyond humans to all living things which are bound together in symbiotic synergies which must be learned, respected, nurtured, and sustained, just as our human relationships are. This realization and actualization are the next stage in our progressive social evolution.
- Sovereignty/Freedom/Equality/Self-Determination: True freedom and equality is attained only when every human is afforded the opportunity to think for themselves, to use all the tools available to independently investigate truth and knowledge for themselves, and to develop a “sovereign psyche” and mentality(Aharone) —a sovereign state of mind, body, and spirit, free from the manipulative control and conditioning of systems and others.
- Unity in Diversity, not in conformity. Every person, culture, nation is unique and has unique capacities and gifts to contribute to their own well-being and that of the world. America is destined to be a leading example of this unity in diversity in both principal and practice.
- Intersectionality & Equity: “Until the lion learns how to write every story will glorify the hunter”.(African Proverb) The lions have learned to write, for some time now, and should not only be allowed but encouraged to tell their story, so the voices of the women, and the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color) will be promoted and prominent in every undertaking and role.
- SERVANT LEADERSHIP/DECOLONIZATION:A servant-leader focuses primarily on the growth and well-being of people and the communities to which they belong. The servant-leader shares power, puts the needs of others first and helps all people develop and perform as highly as possible. ‘Just as individuals can become servant leaders, so must nations (rather than rulers , colonizers, empire builders). America’s greatness lies in its diversity—the most diverse nation on earth—and its destiny is to servant- lead the world in this regard, embracing its own unity in diversity (still a major work in progress), and promoting and supporting oneness and unity in diversity world-wide (which is the opposite of its present foreign policy of exploitation and attempted domination).
- Equality of Men & Women: Until there is equal opportunity for women, and they are equally valued with their rights protected, equal to men, the whole world will be out of balance and there will not be peace on earth or the proper development of humanity, as mothers are the first educators and nurturers of human-kind, and are also equally capable in government, enterprise, academia, science, technology, agriculture, and every arena of human development.
- Material Moderation: It is against both human nature and nature itself for human beings and nations to accumulate and horde gross amounts of material possessions beyond basic needs, which throws our human and earth systems out of balance. So, any economic system which promotes excessive materialism and consumerism is the antithesis of human and world progress. New economic systems must be developed and implemented to both ensure that basic needs of all are met, to discourage material excesses, and reward moderation in this regard. This will bring back our natural balance, and that of our planet.
- Community Resilience/Sustainability: The sustained ability of communities to withstand, adapt to, and recover from adversity. Health—meaning physical, mental, behavioral, social, and environmental wellbeing—is a major part of overall resilience.
WHAT IS THE “ GLOBAL WOKE INSTITUTE” It is a guided but self-paced, self-directed, and self-evaluated, experiential, educational journey with tools to help you determine “How Woke Am I—really” and “How Woke Do I Really Want to Be” (as we all need some sleep 😊), on our paths to ONENESS.
Some of the subject matter areas will include: ONENESS orientation; servant leadership; community resiliency; economic democracy/cooperation; anti-racism; world citizenship; democratic/horizontal assembly/consensus group decision-making; wholistic personal/family/community development; spirituality/religion; politics; history; the environment.
HOW WILL THE GLOBAL WOKE INSTITUTE CARRY OUT ITS OBJECTIVES
This guided educational journey will use the tools of both traditional and innovative/digital learning activities, from a global perspective, including but not limited to: Questions & Answers; Instructional Podcasts and Videocasts; Self-administered Tests; Games; Personal Scorecards; Forums; Experiential Labs/Community Projects. Guidance will be provided by instructors/mentors/subject matter experts from around the world, with an emphasis on women, and BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color) “lions” and “lionesses”, as it is time for the lion to tell the story while those from Euro-centric backgrounds, whose voices have been dominant in the past, will help serve, enable and facilitate the “lions” to
ONENESS—and the GRAND DILEMMA
All bodies of knowledge and inspiration—whether secular, religious or scientific—point to the reality that we and all living things are essentially ONE, interconnected on many essential levels. With that realization (and “wokefulness”)—a reality which has dawned on many in this information age interconnected through global communications, transportation and technologies which have shrunk our world into a neighborhood, as well as our interactions with and research into all species of living things—comes a great responsibility. That is, to honor our ONENESS, in all its diversity, as we learn more about it and each other, and protect it (i.e. our very existence) from those who have not yet awakened nor truly entered this age of enlightenment and “coming of age”, still stuck in the childish adolescence of extreme isolationism, self-centeredness, greed and division. In fact, the solution to all of our world’s pressing problems—poverty, war, famine, climate disaster, violence, pestilence, inequities—lies in the recognition of this reality of our ONENESS, and policies enacted by our leaders based on this reality. THERE IS NO OTHER EQUITABLE AND SUSTAINABLE SOLUTION!
What do we mean by ONENESS? Though we celebrate our diversity, respecting and savoring our essential oneness is paramount ; there is no superior race, group, religion, nation, sexual orientation, or gender among human beings, and we are meant to live in harmony with all living things—the mineral, plant, and animal kingdoms. Anything which harms one, harms all, summed up in this quote from MLK: “In a real sense all life is inter-related. All men are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be, and you can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be…This is the inter-related structure of reality.”
The Grand Dilemma: Pathways to ONENESS
MLK also said that in order to get to this ultimate goal of ONENESS and “network of mutuality”, “we as a nation must undergo a radical revolution of values.” All of the great visionary Prophets throughout the ages have voiced that same call. Herein lies the “grand dilemma”: Few, if any, of our leaders, at all levels of society, have a realization of the true nature of our ONENESS and these essential principles and values, hence they are powerless to enact policies to bring about the necessary changes. In fact, most are stuck in the childish adolescence of division and “otherness” rather than ONENESS. So, the only way to accomplish this “revolution of values” is a revolution—whether man, God (or Higher Power, as you understand it), or nature made. Either way, it is bound to be a series of catastrophic and violent upheavals (which we are already beginning to see, via climate change events, mounting violence, and social strife)—with the necessary force to jolt awake the leaders and multitudes who are asleep. And though I pray for this purge and “correction”, however, another part of the “grand dilemma” is that I have children and grandchildren who will suffer the consequences of these upheavals—so what to do? Go back to a deep sleep? No, can’t do that once awoke—so, I can only teach them, and others in our intentional communities, survival skills and help provide an escape plan, and pray for the best—with the knowledge and faith that once this purge and purification is over the world will be better, for all. (Note: These are the skills and preparations which will be taught in our Global Woke Institute )
In the meantime, and while awaiting this great purge and “correction”, the other great dilemma in this “inter-related structure of reality” is that many of my actions, like those of every American, may directly or indirectly adversely affect people in developing countries, keeping them enslaved and in poverty. If you recall the movie “The Box”, when its recipients press the button they will receive large sums of money, however in exchange an unknown person will die. That is almost exactly how our capitalist, materialist system works—in order for us to have even the smallest luxuries beyond basic needs fulfilled, countless others have to suffer in backbreaking labor and poverty, not even able to feed themselves and their families, with innocent children dying from malnutrition and other preventable maladies. Our military enforces these conditions wreaking havoc worldwide at the behest of our corporations motivated only by profits. Our carbon footprint per capita is among the highest in the world, causing once lush lands to become deserts and their inhabitants refugees. Many of the products we import and buy are produced by child slave labor. What can one who is awokening to these facts and pursuing ONENESS do? First awareness, then action. Besides pushing policies and reforming systems which address and reverse these gross global inequities, including defunding the military industrial complex, in our personal lives we can become relative minimalists—that is, using material means to fulfill basic needs only, and reducing our individual and family carbon footprint and waste output. This will also help us prepare to survive the coming upheavals. As Gandhi said: “Live simply so that others may simply live.” (Note: these are the skills and practices which will be taught in our Global Woke Institute )
Some activities we are engaging in and we invite you to join in order to put these principles to work immediatly for greater oneness and wokefulness for all:
1) Join the global movement which is already changing the world GLOBAL CITIZEN.
2. A must read and really one of the main “textbooks” of this Institute is the book by Ezrah Aharone “The Sovereign Psyche: Systems of Chattel Freedom vs. Self-Authentic Freedom“ (We will be compiling an abridged version and posting it on this website, so stay tuned but in the meantime you can order and/or read excerpts from the book by clicking on the title.)
3. Join the continental revolutionary movement, Symbiosis, “a confederation of community organizations across North America, building a democratic and ecological society from the ground up.“
4. Join the main organization exposing and trying to end America’s violent, militaristic, and terroristic foreign policy Win Without War.